PLEASE KEEP COMING BACK AS WE ARE STILL ADDING INFO TO THE SITE!
Interested in being a vendor with the High Desert Farmers Market?
If you’re interested in vending with us, please FIRST READ our Rules & Regulations. Contact me with any questions you may have after reading. Thanks for your interest!
Rules & Regulations
HDFM Rules Regulations AUGUST 2016
*We have many produce growers growing produce for us right now. Stay tuned! If you’re someone who has any produce to sell right now, we’d love to hear from you!
PRODUCE WE HAVE NOW: all organic! #squash, #okra, #peaches, #whitepomegranates, #peppers, #tomatoes, SOON – #watermelon, #pumpkins
*WE HAVE: salsa, eggs, coffee
*WE NEED: a honey vendor, a meat vendor
The overall focus of the High Desert Farmers Market is to not only provide the community with a number of fresh, local, organic food choices, we’re also interested in educating the community on our current (broken) food system. We’re finding that many people simply don’t understand how our food system works, and that’s why one of our goals is to educate those who are interested in learning more about the food they eat and where it actually comes from.
UPDATE – August 24th, 2016
The High Desert Farmers Market no has its 501c3 status… YAY!
- Food For Life Program: A food-based educational program that teaches people food basics, i.e. proteins, carbs, calories, DRI, etc.
- Farmers Market Educational Programs (Sunday Events): We’ve offered a variety of educational events so far, including Understanding Food Labels, Recipe Share, and Why Fresh Eggs are Best. We’d like to expand this program.
- Pay What You Can Afford Program: Because not everyone can afford to eat at their local Farmers Market. we’ve initiated a policy for those who are on a budget to simply pay what they can afford.
- Cooking/Baking Program: This program specifically caters to those who don’t have access to a kitchen, yet would love to cook and/or bake for themselves, or to share with others. Assisted living facilities, organizations for special needs children, and low income families are our focus.
- Backyard Gardening Program: A team of local growers will build a simple backyard garden for those who are interested in growing their own food.
If you’re someone who would like to get involved, as a recipient or a volunteer, please contact me asap. Let’s make a difference!
#sierravista #farmersmarket #HDFM #localfood #GMOsucks #EatHealthy #EatLocal